Tuesday, January 20, 2009

SNOW day???

Ok--again--forgive me--I am from northeastern NY State. But yesterday & this morning--we had some snow in the Knoxville area. Here in Jefferson City--it snowed a good bit yesterday--but by this morning when I left for work--it was all gone & the roads were clear. It was snowing in Knoxville & the roads had a dusting of snow on them--that's it. Still school districts all over the area were closed---AND--MANY OF THEM ARE CLOSED TOMORROW!!! Why---I have no idea. The snow that covered the roads in Knoxville is gone--& unless you go to the mountains--there is not hardly any snow to be seen. I am not aware that we will get any snow tonight. Yet-school districts all over the area--including my own Jefferson County are closed tomorrow!!!
Is it too cold?? Highs are supposed to get to about 30 degrees tomorrow. Is there a threat of snow?? Not that I am aware of. It is still amazing to me how little it takes to close schools around here. Yeah--I am a big believer in being safe--but give me a break. The way people drive around here in the dry weather---you take a huge risk having school anytime--no matter what the weather is like. The speeding, tailgating, aggressive driving is terrible around here--so you take a risk going out in warm--dry weather too. But I digress here. I guess I'm old fashioned--even at 41 years of age. I believe in putting on a jacket & hat & gloves, driving slower (imagine that!!) & carrying on with life. What a novel idea!!!

1 comment:

  1. So now we know that even if part of the county is down, the whole county shuts down and puts parents in a bind for 4 days now. What a waste of time and education!

    ~Shannon~

    ReplyDelete